117 Hardey Road
, Glen Forrest
Beautifully Old and New
Follow the sealed, curbed driveway over Chittawarra Creek and meander through the Edna Walling-style gardens to arrive at this gracious home that manages to blend old and new into the perfect home.
The original stone and tile home was built in the early 1900's by a local stonemason. Nearly 100 years later, in 1995, an airy two storey architecturally-designed brick and tile addition was completed, providing wonderful light and bright spacious living areas. The old and the new are connected by a soaring glass atrium which invites the simple splendour of the gardens into the home and allows glimpses of the spectacular pool area.
Enjoy social gatherings like never before in this wonderful home. The open plan living areas, the heated magnesium pool, quaint pergolas and wraparound patio, the firepit with seating for twelve... these are all features that make this property perfect for enjoying the company of family and friends at any time of year. But if privacy is more your style, cosy fireplaces and meandering paths through beautifully landscaped gardens lend a sense of seclusion like you're a million miles from anywhere.
The kitchen and dining areas are the focal point of this special home, taking up the ground floor of the modern addition. The island bench and masses of storage make cooking not only a breeze, but a delight, and the garden views from the dining area make dinner a joy. Climb the staircase, and you'll find three bedrooms and a bathroom.
• Wide balustrade verandahs and under croft stone walled cellar
• Feature leadlight to entry hallway
• 3.4 metre (11foot) high ceilings, ornate cornices and feature fireplaces
• Lovely original wide jarrah floorboards and French doors
• Study, 5 bedrooms and 2 modern bathrooms
• Delightful spacious central living room with large glass walled dining area
• Excellent gourmet kitchen with Essa stone bench tops adjoining meals area
• Ducted reverse cycle and evaporative air conditioning,
• Combustion heating
• Solar heated, self-water-levelling below ground pool with Travertine Stone surround
• Original fireplace and remnants of the old kitchen form the structure of a wisteria covered alfresco area
• Rock walls and reticulated landscaping
• A freeform Gaudi inspired feature wall embraces the rear entertainment area
• Fantastic relaxing half circle, 12 seat fire pit area
The original stone home has been converted to a true master suite, with a large and comfortable bedroom, a marbled ensuite, a walk-in robe, with a cosy sitting room and separate study to complete the picture.
This home allows for plenty of parking and includes a large carport. Close by you'll find schools, shops, and cafes. Midland and Mundaring are less than 15 minutes away, and nearby national parks are begging to be explored. The character of this home has been retained while modern fittings and features have been perfectly incorporated by the owners. If "old meets new" is your thing, this beautiful property will win your heart!
Seeking a home with character?
For more information on 117-121 Hardey Road Glen Forrest, or for friendly advice on any of your real estate needs please call Lindsay on 0405 146 251 or Shirley on 0414 996 706
- Type : House
- Land Size : 12300 sqm