13 Welsh Glen
, Glen Forrest
Connect With Nature
EXPRESS SALE - Offers Close 2pm 14th April 2021 Unless Sold Prior.
This gorgeous, rammed earth cedar and Colourbond home, is functional and environmental and takes bold steps in sustainable living. Built with an environmental commitment with materials to complement the Hills setting, in perfect combination with modern elegance.
Architecturally designed in 2003, this modern design incorporates clean lines, generous spaces, high ceilings, thicker and tinted glazing, polished concrete & jarrah flooring and is solar passive.
Cedar windows capture daytime breezes and a desire for ventilation whilst the concertina doors let in the beautiful light and offer pretty bushland outlooks. The high ceilings allow for heated air to rise, leaving cooler air at the lowest levels. The carved-out wall nooks and shelving spaces allow for even the most dramatic of art pieces to be displayed, and the timber and polished concrete floors throughout, are long wearing, low maintenance, and classically stylish.
You'll want to spend all your mealtimes with friends in this home! The open plan living area is spacious and welcoming, and there's room for a long dining table so you can host everyone family-style. With our moderate climate, you can throw open the concertina doors and take lunch out on the deck. Peopled out? Cosy up with a good book in the bay window reading nook or take a long soak in the purpose-built moon bath and appreciate the bushland surrounds.
· Rammed earth architecturally designed home
· North facing passive solar design
· Superior internal finishes
· Solid internal doors with Italian door handles
· Slow combustion wood fire that heats the water
· 3.5 KW Panasonic air conditioner
· Ceiling fans with Winter & Summer settings
· Granite bench top in the kitchen with European appliances
· Taps fitted with ceramic disks for saving water
· Undercover entertaining area with deck
· Double carport
· Wood shed & chook pen
· Security sensor lights front and back
· Separate storeroom with built in shelves
· Separate spacious rammed earth studio with water, power and a pot belly stove
· Native gardens
· Environmental septic system with no concrete leach drain
· Amazing, large windows
· Polished concrete floors
· 2003 built
· 3 bedrooms (master bedroom with walk through closet, spare room built in cupboards/drawers)
· 2 bathrooms (moon bath)
· Big open plan living oozing charm
· High ceilings
· Indoor living flows out onto decked outdoor living
· Timber verandahs
· 8m x 12m powered/water shed plus verandah/carport
· 1.5kw solar panels
· 1 acre bush block
· 98sqm lawn
Set in a peaceful cul de sac and with a block size of an acre, peace and privacy is a given. Sit on the deck, with views down through the Glen and enjoy watching the Carnaby's and Red tail black cockatoos. It'll be a joy to watch the seasons change, especially in Spring. For the wildflower enthusiast, enjoy an abundance of native plants, a focus at this property for the current and previous owners over the past 20 years. Wildflower species include the rare Donkey Orchid, Egg and Bacon plant, the Western Australian Red and Green Kangaroo Paw and the Fringed Lilly. Settle into the separate studio or potential library/study/teenage retreat/ craft/sewing room and be creative, or simply relax in this peaceful space. The shops are a short stroll from here, and there's schools, sports facilities, and a handful of reserves and national parks only minutes away. Rammed earth homes don't come up for offer very often, so don't miss this opportunity.
A stunning home in a perfect natural environment.
For more information on 13 Welsh Glen, Glen Forrest or for friendly advice on any of your real estate needs please call Lindsay or Shirley 0414 996 706
- Type : House
- Land Size : 4004 sqm
- Water Rates : $263Per Year
- Council Rates : $2600Per Year