Tranquil History in Darlington
This home is currently available for private inspections only. Please contact Tonnie Rebbettes on 0414 364 327 to schedule a viewing.
Built in the 1950s and virtually unchanged since, this grand old piece of history seeks its third (only!) owner. Admittedly, it does need a little love in some places to bring it back to its former glory, but it still has loads of charm and a solid foundation sprinkled with lots of quirky details. This home features beautiful stone walls both inside and out, complemented by big windows and high ceilings to make the most of the lovely Darlington light.
There's bedrooms, living areas, and verandahs on both storeys, so you can cosy up with family by the fireplace, read a favourite book with a cuppa or glass of wine, or sit and chat with friends while birds flit around the gorgeous old winding wisteria. Embrace the retro charm of the kitchen and enjoy booth seating that looks out to the gardens, or make it over with a more modern touch. Either way, there's lots of potential here.
The block size is huge at over 3,500sqm yet the lush greenery and established trees give it a cosy and tranquil feeling. It's the kind of property where you'd expect to find fairies in the bottom of the garden! Over the road is beautiful bushland and there are reserves and national parkland only a stone's throw away. There's no better way to feel immediately at home in Darlington than moving into this quaint but stately home.
• 2 storeys original charm
• Queen size master bedroom
• Second bedroom is double size
• Large third bedroom
• Fourth bedroom single but has own courtyard and door to access
• Separate WC
• Laundry with shower and second WC
• Bathroom with bath and shower
• Kitchen with retro booth seating and huge windows with views of the property
• Formal dining room
• Veranda area for outside dining or relaxing
• Beautiful formal lounge - huge windows and gorgeous double doors that open on to the walk-around veranda
• Undercover area at rear covered in greenery
• Original dwelling from 1955 where first owners lived while they built the house - still intact
• Large second living area
• Stone walls
• 3,670 m2 bush block with little walkways throughout the property.
• Fabulous driveway that loops around the back of the home
• Magnificent trees add to the tranquillity
Choose tranquillity and charm.
If you would like to know more about this property or if you would like to arrange a viewing time please call the agent Tonnie Rebbettes on 0414 364 327 or the Earnshaws office on 08 9299 6533.
- Type : House
- Land Size : 3670 sqm